Custom Search

Monday, July 10, 2006

OpenBSD Desktop

Who says you can't do desktop with OpenBSD? Of course,
this took several months to accomplish. Long nights of
sweating buckshot on the keyboard, reading books and
mailing list archives, googling, asking questions and
being told to RTFM. ;) But, things aren't too bad at
this point. Got sound with xmms and mp3blaster playing
all my oldies. I can make my own iso images and burn cds.
I can print across my LAN to either one of my other
printers. I got BitTorrent working and regularly download
BSD and Linux iso images. Know how to update my source
code and my system, along with how to tweak my kernel.
All users have automated nightly backups to external
storage using rsync in cronjobs. The list goes on.
Happy OpenBSD camper at this point! ;)



powered by performancing firefox

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your site is awsome. I'll be back to see how your doing and to gleen some wisdom from your pages. I'm also xArmy (canadian), and I keep a now dog eared copy of absolute openbsd with me. I'm about to attempt an 3.9 install on a thinkpad R40.

8/25/2006 10:56:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Denny,
Howdy from Ft. Hood area (Killeen, TX). I'm trying to learn about OpenBSD myself. You comments gave me a bit of encouragement.
Kirby Foster

9/19/2006 02:55:00 PM  
Blogger Dennyboy said...

I'm glad the blog did a couple of folks
some good. It's helped me quite a bit,
having a record somewhere I can refer to
easily. I try to keep a log of everything
I do, but I forget sometimes. Something
always falls through the cracks.
Denny the Mad Blogger ;)

11/15/2006 01:16:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home