Custom Search

Wednesday, October 01, 2003

OpenBSD, Laptop and Sandisk Flash Card

Night before, in OpenBSD 3.3 on my laptop, tried wiping everything out on my Sandisk compact flash card, creating a new partition on it to use the whole disk, & creating a ffs file system on it. Really screwed it up, to say the least! Tonight, I learned how to use disklabel to delete the old partition, recreate a new partition, & then I ran newfs on it & created a new ffs file system. Now I can use long file names, set permissions, set ownerships, etc. First thing I did was create a directory on the card for myself, the primary user of the laptop, & tar/gunzip all my mail to there, along with all my personal settings, espe- cially those for gpg, pinepgp, mail, & ssh. Worked like a charm! Thank you, Michael W. Lucas, for your fine book on OpenBSD!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home