Custom Search

Sunday, August 03, 2003

New Blog

Starting a public blog on the Internet concerning my continued interests in opensource operating systems, especially OpenBSD and FreeBSD. Hosted my own domain website, www.bubbha.com , for about a year and a half on my home computer, running FreeBSD and Apache server. Redirected all url calls through my account at www.mydomain.com to my router on my home network. Worked great! Then I got lazy and busy too, and let a friend host it for me. Now I'm going to be busy again, trying to get all my stuff setup on an old surplus HP LCII server . Going to put OpenBSD 3.3 on it and start learning again. Always interested in any input I can get from other BSD users, newbies included, since I had a lot of trouble in the beginning finding a friendly ear and some support while I was learning BSD basics. Up until that time, I had been an unrepentant windoze point and clicker like so many others.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home